Once you receive a call from HR for the face to face interview for the position of E-mail marketing job. you must prepare yourself well to crack the interview.
In this blog I will be sharing you some of the important Email marketing interview questions and answers which are from basics and as well as for advance level also.
1. How will you explain email marketing?
a very common interview questions for email marketing. you must present your answer in a simple way specify with clarity.
Email marketing is connecting with your potential customers through sending valuable information to generate leads.
Once you have decided your potential customers, you create a list for automation of email marketing.
The first step is to draft an email content for the potential customer so that it creates value, or a solution to the recipient.
Targeting your potential customer who are interested to your product through Email marketing.
2.When should you email to your customers?
best time to send email is in the morning or on weekends (Saturday or Sunday). Because that is a time when the customers are free. In the morning the first thing customer do is check his emails and the same in the weekends.
You can also seek in between weeks specially Wednesday mid noon.
But before sending email you must try to find out through testing about the time that works are best for your targeted customers.
3. How many emails you should send to your customers
It depends upon your targeted customers. Mostly once a month is okay but it may be possible that customer me forget. So as a best practices you must send at least 2 to 3 times in a month. But before that you must see the convenience of your customers.
Your customer may also unsubscribe if you keep on pushing them with too many emails. It may be possible for your customers to get irritated.
4. How will you calculate the email marketing metrics?
this question is also asked “how will you calculate the delivery rate of an email”
ans. the simple formula to calculate
email matric number of emails delivered/number of emails sent
5. How to calculate the open rate of email marketing
The simple formula is
Open rate= (total unique open / total recipients)x100
6. What is bounce rate and what is the minimum percentage of bounce
In a very simple language, when you send an email to the recipient, the email is not delivered and you get a notification message from the server that your email is bounced due to ….. Reasons.
The minimum bounce must not be more than 3%
7. What is the difference between email sent and email delivered
once you write an email and click the send icon. the email is sent from your id to the server.
the server then further deliver your email to the inbox of the recipient or the destination is called the delivery.
In email marketing sent and delivery data help to marketer to analyse and plan further strategy to reach their target customers.
8. What is the strategy to increase subscriber list for email marketing?
this question is asked to find out from you if the company hire you as a Email marketing specialist, how are you going to increase the subscriber list.
Following the best strategy to increase subscriber list for email marketing
- Subscription email to download a free eBook or a coupon
- Create email content that is remarkable
- Using social media for various offers
- Use company’s face book page to promote offers,
- Lead generation links on the website with a subscription email with offer.
- Create offline event in trade shows, community gathering, festival events to collect email with discount coupons in email address
9. Name the different types of email marketing campaigns
- News letter
- Marketing offers
- Invitation for an event
10. What do you mean by open rate? And what is the good open rate?
When the recipient opens your received email, after receiving the mail if the receipient open is considered as open.
For example when the total number of email sent is 10 and the number of e-mail opened by the recipient subscriber is 8, then the open rate is 80%. However the open rate may be different based on the subject.
11. What is click-through rates
Click through rate (CTR) is the number of click done on an advertisement. But in case of email, the number of received email opened. You can calculate- received E-Mail / Total No. of delivered email.
12. What is unsubscribe rate?
You can answer this question is a very simple words. “the number of subscribers of your list out of them those numbers who have selected or chosen not to further receive from you anymore.”
13. What do you know about CAN-SPAM Act?
CAN-SPAM act are set of rules set specially for email sending so that the customer or receiver of the email has the right to stop receiving further mail.
There are very high penalty for violation of the act. Before sending you must first have the consent.
14. How will you create your checklists before sending an email
your checklist before sending an email to your targeted customers
- check your subject it must give an outline summary of the content
- what is the main aim
- what you expect from your recipient
- if there is any files or coupons of documents to be attached before sending email.
I tried to cover mostly questions asked during interview for email marketing job. Please share your comments and any other questions if you think to be included in this post.